Spaghetti squash is super weird. I wasn't sure what to do with the one I had purchased, but I found a throw-together recipe that suggested some pesto and Parmesan, and since everything is better with pesto and Parmesan, I decided I would give it a try. Plus, I've heard a lot of good things about it.
 |
| Spaghetti Squash ~ 11.17.12 |
Making spaghetti squash is super easy, but I had never
even heard of it until last year so I had no idea how to prepare it.
Turns out all you do is cut it in half (good luck with that, by the
way), scrape out the seeds and pulp, put it in the microwave, and cook
it on high for about 8-12 minutes or until it is tender. Then scrape out
the fleshy insides with a fork, creating your "spaghetti" strings.
 |
| Pesto, Parmesan, and Spaghetti Squash ~ 11.17.12 |
I then added some pesto (about 3 teaspoons to the whole bowl of
squash) to the mix and rewarmed it for a bit since the pesto was just
the Buitoni kind that is cold. Lastly I topped it with a generous bit of
Parmesan cheese. Delish!
No comments:
Post a Comment