Anyway, the doc is treating me for whooping cough. She said she can't be sure I have it unless she runs some expensive tests which at best will only confirm I have whooping cough. If it turns out it's just bronchitis, then 80% of those cases are viral and 20% are bacterial, so they would give me a Z-pack anyway in case it's bacterial. So either way I get a Z-pack, and I'm not supposed to go into work until 24-48 hours after taking my first dose, so here I am at home!
For brunch today I am making a Pinterest find, "Sunday Sammies" or Funeral Sandwiches. It's a fantastic throw together for a get together with a lot of people because you can assemble everything in advance and just pop it in the oven when you're ready. I made a half batch on Sunday for lunch, and let me tell you: They were delicious. Possibly the best little sammies I've ever eaten.
![]() |
| This is before I baked them... |
1 package King's Hawaiian Rolls
1/2-1 lb. good deli meat
(I used ham but you can make these with almost anything)
Swiss cheese
(I used pepper jack; again, you can use almost anything)
1/2 c. butter melted
3 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 Tbsp. mustard
2 Tbsp. brown sugar
dash of onion powder
Cut your rolls in half and place the bottoms on a 9x13 high-walled pan. Put on your ham, then your cheese, then the top bun for each sandwich. Combine your butter, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, brown sugar, and onion powder and mix well. Let your sandwiches marinate for 4-24 hours (and now, they're not soggy--they're perfect!) before preheating your oven to 350 and baking them for 15 minutes or until the cheese melts. You don't technically have to let them marinate at all, but the bottoms will be a little more moist if you don't, but certainly not grossly moist. I am letting some marinate now because we got that new oven the other day and I'm still trying to burn off the new oven smell :(

No comments:
Post a Comment