Pages

Tomato Basil Linguine

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Today was my first day at the temp job I recently got. I spent most of today in training, but from what I can tell I think I will really like it! The people are all really cool, the building is really nice, and the atmosphere in the office is great.

Unfortunately, when I got home I was super tired and didn't feel like making an the elaborate dinner I had planned, but I didn't want to eat out either. So Josh helped me throw together this quick and easy pasta dish I found on Pinterest.

2 1/4 lbs. fresh plum tomatoes
1/4 c. fresh basil
1 Tbsp. parsley
1+ Tbsp. minced garlic
1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil 
(+ extra for drizzling)
coarse salt to taste
fresh ground pepper to taste
1 lb. linguine or spaghetti
grated Parmesan cheese

Cook your pasta according to package directions. Dice your tomatoes, and combine all ingredients in a large bowl, and stir. That's it! I imagine it would taste good with a tiny bit of balsamic vinegar. Josh really loved this pasta, so we'll definitely be making it again :) Enjoy!

Also, I just need to mention that I have a fantastic husband. He helped me get to my job today even though he woke up with a splitting headache, and he surprised me on my way home from work by appearing by my side and escorting me home, even though it would've been a really long commute for him (remember, we sold our cars when we moved here, so it was a pretty long bus ride for him both ways for no reason other than to be with me). He then was instrumental in making dinner. What did I do to deserve such a great guy???

No comments:

Post a Comment