Pages

An Update...

Friday, August 31, 2012

I. am. exhausted. But I'm happy.

Today marks the end of the first week of work at my temp job at EF Education. I cannot tell you how much I would love to work here full time! I know I said this last time, but I love the atmosphere, I love the people there, and it's been really great all around. I am technically a "sales associate" by name, but what I do was described as more of a hybrid of sales, consulting and education. Regardless of what you want to call it, I get to be on the phone talking to interesting people all day, and God knows I love doing that :) Here's to hoping the temp assignment can turn into something more!

The only part I don't like is having to wake up early (6:30--which admittedly isn't super early but is certainly earlier than I was used to waking up, which was 10:30). I get an hour lunch though, which is awesome. It's kind of funny, actually. At my previous job I only got a half hour lunch, so I got really good at fitting my lunch into 30 minutes and then jumping back to work. Now I don't really know what to do with this extra half hour, so sometimes I'll just start working again. Like I said, I'd really like to get something permanent with EF, so I have no problem going the extra mile to make that happen (and literally, too--I literally have to walk about a mile to get there; this will hopefully work wonders on my fitness situation).

Unfortunately, I never really got around to blogging much this week, which was really disappointing. I don't want to give up on my blog, and certainly not after I've put so much time into it! I woke up this morning thinking for some reason that it was Thursday and therefore missed out on dressing for casual Friday (which was somewhat disappointing--I had a cute casual outfit planned). Finding out it was actually Friday was a pleasant surprise, but not as pleasant as finding out that Monday is labor day and I actually get a 3 day weekend :) I say all this because I hope to spend a great deal of time this weekend trying out new recipes and DIY stuff (I found a DIY chai tea mix that I'm dying to try) so that I have some easy go-to material to blog about this coming week!

The only other thing that happened this week was Josh had his law school orientation, and he is pretty pumped about starting classes on the 4th. Three friends he met at orientation came over tonight and played Settlers of Catan with him, and they seemed to have a good time. I'm glad he met some people to hang out and play board games with--life without knowing anyone here was getting pretty boring. This weekend he has a slew of orientation social events, including a Sam Adams brewery tour (which I hope to tag along to, but maybe not). Additionally, he increased the number of people we know in Boston by 1200% :)

No comments:

Post a Comment