Pages

Chocolate Chip-less Chocolate Chip Cookies

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Today was incredibly unproductive. We spent a large portion of the day watching The Office, and I didn't even make dinner because the chicken I had put in the fridge to thaw was still frozen when I came back to it. We went out to a pizza place that Josh likes for dinner, Crazy Doughs, instead.  :/

Nonetheless, I wanted to post something tonight, even though I don't have much time. You see, today is cleaning day, which means I haven't cleaned all day and need to before the day ends. Fortunately, a while ago I made some chocolate chip-less chocolate chip cookies that I never wrote about, so I figure now's a good a time as any to post the recipe. I've made chocolate chip cookies sans the chocolate chips before, but they always turn out crunchy. I honestly am not sure how different this recipe is from the regular Nestle chocolate chip cookie recipe (it it's different at all), but when I made these cookies the cookies stayed soft. Why? No idea. But I'll take 'em--they're good! (And the dough is great, too!)

Yes, I ate one.
1 c. butter, softened
3/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. packed brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
2 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
nuts, if desired
(I never desire nuts)

Preheat oven to 375 F. Combine butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla. Stir in eggs and beat well. In another bowl, add dry ingredients. Gradually add dry mix to wet mix. Stir until mixed well, and add nuts. Drop by teaspoon on cookie sheet and bake 8-10 minutes. Yummy!

Update: I remember now why I never posted the recipe for these before. I looked up the Nestle recipe and its pretty much the same, minus 1/2 tsp. salt, for whatever reason. Oh well. I'll leave it posted anyway :)

No comments:

Post a Comment