Pages

Cinnamon-Sugar Pizza

Sunday, September 9, 2012

*Update: I recently added the Our Wedding tab above, and added a background that I made to the Backgrounds tab :)

I feel totally off today. I'm not sure what it is, but I feel incredibly blah. I guess I'm feeling a little bit anxious about work this week because of the job prospects that may or may not pan out--I'm so tired of being disappointed that I've stopped having positive expectations. Today is cleaning day and cleaning is just about the last thing I want to do right now, despite the cognitive dissonance produced by my conflicting desire to live in a dust-free environment. Furthermore, Josh seems a little stressed by all the reading he has to do in preparation for class on Monday, and I think some of that stress is seeping over to me. And finally, I have grown to like living here, but sometimes I just want my car back :/

Anyway, to brighten my spirits this morning I had an bite of some left over intense sugary goodness. (I'm not sure the good it did justified the significant rise in blood sugar, but it was delicious). Last night some friends from the law school who live in our building invited us over for dinner, and I made dessert from a recipe I found here.


1/4 c. cold butter
1/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
dash of salt
1/2 cup. flour
1 can Pillsbury crescent rolls

Preheat oven to 400 F. Cut butter into sugars, cinnamon, salt, and flour to form crumbs. It was super humid in my kitchen as it was rainy out and the windows were open, so my mixture was more of a thick paste than crumbly. 


Lay out your crescent rolls into triangles. 
Sprinkle your cinnamon sugar mixture over your crescent rolls.
Or spread it. Whatever works. 


Bake for 8-12 minutes or until your dough is golden. 
For a glaze, combine 1/2 c. powdered sugar
1 Tbsp. softened butter
1 1/4 tsp. vanilla
1 to 1 1/2 Tbsp. milk


Drizzle over warm pizzas and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment