Pages

Fall Chai Tea Mix

Friday, September 14, 2012

I came home from work early again today. I woke up all gung-ho to finish off the week with a solid day of work, and then I get there and talking on the phone makes me cough up a storm. And it's a dry, hoarse cough, too, so its particularly uncomfortable.

Anyway, when I got home from work I opened the windows before heading to the couch for some much-needed rest when I was greeted by the most glorious breeze! Fall is here my friends :) I have been waiting for this weather since we got here! We moved in June and it was all nice and cool like this for about two weeks before becoming just miserable (by Boston standards, of course, not Phoenix standards--by any means).

Since it is lovely outside (even a little chilly at nights), I decided to pull out the chai tea mix I made a few days ago and give it another whirl. The original recipe, which I of course found on none other than Pinterest, says to add water to the mix and only a splash of milk, but I prefer it made entirely with warm milk.

I love the way spices look!
1 c. dry powdered milk
 1 c. non-dairy powdered coffee creamer
1 c. French Vanilla non-dairy powdered coffee creamer
2 1/2 c. sugar
1 1/2 c. unsweetened instant tea
2 tsp. cinnamon
2 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. ground cloves
1 tsp. nutmeg or cardamom

Mix all of your ingredients well and store in an airtight container--I used a pint-sized mason jar. To serve, add anywhere from 3 tsp. to 3 Tbsp. to a mug of hot water with a dash of milk or hot milk and stir thoroughly. Then enjoy! I did :)

No comments:

Post a Comment