As promised, the recipe for Parmesan Zucchini Crisps. I love love love these. They are super tasty, relatively healthy and ridiculously easy to make.
2 medium zucchinis
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
1 tsp. pepper or to taste
Kosher salt
Olive oil, about 1/4 cup
Olive oil cooking spray
Preheat oven to 450. Wash your zucchini and cut it into thin rounds, about 1/4" thick. Place your rounds into a gallon size ziploc bag and drizzle them with olive oil. Close bag and shake to disperse oil over all sides, then set it aside. In a shallow bowl, combine cheese, breadcrumbs, pepper and salt, and mix. Take your oily zucchini rounds and coat each one, front and back, in the Parmesan mixture. Place coated rounds on a flat baking sheet that has been greased with olive oil cooking spray. Be sure the rounds are not overlapping. Bake at 450 for 17 minutes or until golden. They will be a tiny bit crunchy on the outside, but still soft. You don't want them to be much darker than they appear in the picture I took at left. Serve warm.
I made these today and there weren't too many left by the time Josh got to them, on account of I had eaten most of them already :)
Delicious!
ReplyDelete... finally got rid of a heavy deadline, days on end of all work and no play, so no cooking at ALL at our house. If pawpaw didn't go buy subway or a bean burro somewhere, we would be separated from the living ... (well, probably not.) my BIG dinner of the day was a scrambled organic egg on an english muffin, and some organic peanut butter. oh well, it ensures I'll be back at my desk in the morning ... love you, grandma B
ReplyDelete