I have seen every season of The Office probably multiple times, and I still love them all (well, except for the most recent season--its just not the same without Michael Scott--but I keep watching because of Dwight). Josh and I have recently started the series over again from season 1. He hasn't seen every episode, which is great for me because--have you ever watched a really good movie you've already seen with someone who's never seen it? For some reason everything is so much funnier when someone who's never seen it starts laughing. Especially when that person watching it for the first time has a really boisterous laugh.
So today while we were watching The Office, I made some Onion-Herb Focaccia Bread, because Josh told me he thought he was going to starve. As it turns out, the warning label on the Pillsbury pizza dough container is a total lie. It says do not freeze (which Josh did, which is why I couldn't make this yesterday, because it was thawing out in the fridge), but nothing bad happens if you do accidentally freeze it, at least, nothing bad as far as I can tell. On a related note, one of my worst cooking fears (besides accidentally leaving the gas of my stove running such that my apartment combusts into a fiery oblivion the next time I light a candle, and besides being covered in scalding hot boiling oil because of an ill-timed potholder malfunction) is the pop that those Pillsbury containers make. It used to be that it would pop on its own when you opened it, and you could expect it, but now they have you press a spoon at the seam and you can't really know when the pop is going to come.
Anyway, my good friend Holly first introduced me to this super easy recipe when Josh and I went over to her place for dinner back when we were living in our apartment in Tempe. The original recipe is from here, but it says to do stuff like let the dough rise for an hour and only put on half the mixture before putting on the rest blah blah blah. You don't need to do that if your pizza dough is the Pillsbury kind.
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tablespoons chopped rosemary
dash of oregano
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
pinch of sea salt
onion, chopped finely, to taste
Parmesan cheese, shredded
1 container Pillsbury pizza dough
Roll out pizza dough and place on oiled rectangular pan (I use canola oil or olive oil cooking spray). Dough should be about 1/2" thick. Using the back of a teaspoon or your fingers, press dimples in dough. Mix together first 5 ingredients, and brush oil mixture over the dimpled dough (you might have some left over). Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and onions (I used the dried onion you can buy in the spice section of the grocery store). Bake at 400 degrees for about 20 minutes or until golden. Cut into squares and serve warm!
And this was a pretty topical xkcd comic. I can't tell you how many times Josh and I have had this conversation.


I love this recipe, I love The Office, and I love you most of all!
ReplyDeletewhy do you keep getting cuter, gabby? :/ i don't get it...
ReplyDeleteOh! I have all of the ingredients right now! I am going to try it...wish me luck...
ReplyDeleteGabi, I made curry today. Your papa is getting bad about cooking because he's been so busy lately.
ReplyDeleteHey, when you are posting your recipes, you ought to add a line about how long it takes to prep and cook. (If it's an all-day affair (like, make marinade in the morning, marinade the meat all day, but 10 minutes to cook at night...) then one can know if that recipe fits in one's life that day.... This is not a criticism, just a suggestion. I see this type of notation on recipes and didn't understand it until I had to actually plan my life...
Love you,
Mommy