I was able to finish my meal without killing myself or Josh, and it turned out better than I've ever made it! The original recipe comes from here. I've posted the picture of this meal from that website on my Facebook page before, but I never got around to posting the recipe (and besides, I think my picture of the meal is more appetizing than the one on the original website).
2 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4oz Linguine, cooked al dente (I had Spaghetti)
2 teaspoons of Cajun seasoning
2 Tablespoons butter (can substitute olive oil)
1-2 cups cream (can substitute 1/2 1% milk and 1/2 cream)
2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes (I didn't have any)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder (can substitute fresh minced garlic)
1-2 Tablespoons flour to thicken
Shredded or Grated Parmesan Cheese
Cut chicken breasts into bite-sized chunks, coat them in cajun seasoning, and saute them in butter over medium heat in a large, deep skillet about 5 to 7 minutes until tender or until you feel you will not get Salmonella (which I think is always a better indicator of when my chicken is done). Reduce heat and add cream, tomatoes, basil, salt, garlic, and black pepper and heat through. Add flour to thicken sauce as necessary, so that sauce is creamy. Pour over hot Linguine, and toss with Parmesan cheese. Easy! This recipe serves about 3-4 moderately hungry people or about 2 pastaholics, such as myself.
I personally do not like the chicken-to-sauce ratio in this recipe, so I will either use one chicken breast and leave everything else the same or use the two breasts and double everything but the amount of cream (I would then use closer to 2 c. cream), Cajun seasoning (I would then use about 3 Tbsp.), and flour (I would then use closer to 2 c. flour), the latter being what I did tonight, since I had about 2 cups of cream and 2 chicken breasts that I needed to use up. Needless to say, Josh and I will be enjoying this again tomorrow.


i want that flower! also: i'm going to make this dish as soon as mom buys some cajun seasoning :) also (again): i think you are funny and cute <3
ReplyDelete(Personal testimony)
ReplyDeleteMe before Creamy Chicken Cajun Pasta: :/
Me after Creamy Chicken Cajun Pasta: :D
You need powder fire extinguishers for electrical fires, a water filled one would kill you. You can use baking soda to extinguish an electrical fire. Water is a conductor for electricity. I'd avoid that.
ReplyDeleteGood to know about the baking soda. Thanks! I checked the extinguisher and it is marked as okay for electrical fires.
Delete